You know what really bothers me sometimes?
That hardly anyone (apart from people with Endometriosis) know that Marilyn Monroe had Endometriosis. Hence painkillers, hence death. Why is this not public knowledge? Why did I not know this, why doesn’t everyone know this?
If she had had cancer, everyone would have known. If she had died in a plane crash, everyone would have known. God forbid she merely had some unforgettable “women’s disease”..
The No-So-Fun Parts of having an Illness
- Being Poor
- Being preoccupied with your spoons (must save…)
- Having an obsession with your bladder and bowels (and celebrating when they are behaving)
- Being unable to hold a full-time job
- Not being able to drive due to medication use
- Having to take so many medications that you are full and can’t eat your meal
- Missing out on life
- Seeing your doctor, pharmacist and specialists more than friends and family